- Proactive Security vs. Reactive Security - October 1, 2021
- Customizing Facility Access for 24-Hour Facilities - September 28, 2021
- Healthcare Security for a New Era - September 7, 2021
Manage employee guest invitations.
Meeting the people who matter most to your employees is a great milestone for any business owner, but it’s important to set guest expectations ahead of time. For example, you can make sure employees know the event is only for them and guests who are their:
- Spouses or significant others
- Children under 18
- Parents, in some cases
By setting the expectation that guests should be immediate family only, you can minimize the security risks of your weekend workplace gathering.
Manage alcohol service and consumption.
No matter where you party or picnic is being held, managing alcohol service is critical. Guests who are under the influence are more than a security risk; they can also be legal liabilities. There are many ways to manage alcohol consumption at your company event, such as:
- Hiring a server or appointing a company “bartender” who has specific instructions.
- Utilizing a drink ticket model, where each person over 21 is allowed 1-2 tickets each.
- Assigning one of your managers the job of monitoring guest alcohol consumption.
Unmanaged alcohol service is a bad idea for any company-sanctioned event. While planning your company picnic or party, get serious about managing alcohol service.
Manage access to your facility.
Opening up the event to your entire business property is a bad idea, especially when employees are bringing guests onsite. Instead, hold your event in one designated party area — and consider whether these additional security technologies could help you during the event (or year-round):
- Video surveillance monitoring restricted entryways.
- Access control guarding workrooms, storage rooms and executive suites.
- Remote guarding service for proactive situational awareness backed by video analytics.
A company picnic or employee appreciation party is a great summer tradition, but there are ways to do it smartly and safely. To learn more about products and services that can help, call Beyond Tech Solutions today. We look forward to speaking with you.
Founded in 2010, Beyond Tech Solutions provides security solutions, communications and surveillance industry in the Bay Area, Los Angeles and Fresno, California.